How do standards get produced?
The standards process can be complicated and confusing, especially if you have not been engaged in it for a long time. This is where you can find guidance on how we get things done, what the processes are, and how to navigate a project from the outset to its completion.
If you're not familiar with how to use the members section of the NISO website, here is a handy guide to using the tool.
Policies and Procedures
Below are the policy documents that guide the organization and govern the development of NISO standards.
- NISO Operating Procedures (2014)
- NISO Bylaws (2007)
- NISO Intellectual Property Policy (2013)
- NISO Conflict of Interest Policy (2003)
- NISO Publication Agreement and Copyright License
- NISO Policy on Non-Member Participation in NISO Standards Development
- NISO Expense Reimbursement Policy
- ANSI Essential Requirements 2014
Due process requirements for American National Standards. Outlines the requirements for American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accredited standards developers, which includes NISO.